The annual spring Green Living Show in Toronto should sparkle in its new venue, the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Learn more about sustainable living. What are the best hybrid cars and fuel-efficient automobiles to earn the Canadian Green Car Award? Other attractions include tips for living green in Toronto with eco-friendly products. If you’re a parent, learn how a Montessori school can benefit your child (and what great products are available regardless of your choice of schools). See products and learn new options for green living in Toronto.
When and Where is the 2015 Green Living Show?
The 2015 Green Living Show in Toronto runs Friday through Sunday, March 27-29, at the downtown Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Friday: noon-8pm; Saturday: 10am-8pm; Sunday 10am-5pm.
The Toronto Convention Centre is at 255 Front St. West, just east from the CN Tower and past Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada). It’s west of Lower Simcoe, and southwest from Union Station. Take the #1 Yonge subway to Union Station, and walk through the Skywalk over the railway tracks.
Free Admission to the 2015 Toronto Green Living Show
The Green Living Show does charge admission ($15/adult, $10/senior or student, and lower for groups). So, how to get free admission to the Green Living Show?
- Bring your under-12 children, who will get free admission no matter what other freebies you miss.
- Pay once and get free re-admission all weekend. You’d better keep your receipt, though.
- Bring some e-waste for recycling; Samsung and Solve for Tomorrow will cover your admission fees. What is e-waste? Most kinds of telephones (cell, home wireless or land-line); computers or keyboards; TV or some other kinds of equipment. The full list is on their admission prices page.
- Bicycle to the show; if you’re one of the first 20 to do so each day, you get free admission. Plus they provide valet parking for your bike.
- Show your March Metropass or PRESTO card for free personal admission. Finally, if you’re a card-carrying Live Green member, you and a guest may enter free.
Green Auto Awards on Friday Night at the Toronto Green Living Show 2015
The award for “most green auto” piques my interest the most. This set of awards will be presented on Friday, including best hybrid car (plug-in hybrids are in a different category from “conventional hybrids”). Six categories will have winners; from these will emerge the overall champion.
Did I mention that you can test-drive some electric cars, too?
Do green living events and awards for green cars, lead to more green auto sales? Do you expect these awards to influence you?
Your Chance to Win an e-Bike
(Added March 26, 2015): Find the 680 News booth in the Convention Centre during the Green Living Show, and enter the “Win with the Green Living Show!” contest. The prizes are an an electric scooter or an e-bike from Amego.
Looking for More Annual Events or a Holiday in Toronto Canada?
My blog tracks many of the annual Toronto events that I find interesting, free or frugal.
Disclaimer: DeHaan Services has no relationship to the organizer(s); I am not reimbursed for writing this article. However, DeHaan Services does write web site or advertising copy for clients. Our skills are demonstrated in online articles in Decoded Science, Decoded Pregnancy and other online sites. That’s why DeHaan Services highlights those online articles on this site.
Click the “Toronto Events” category at the bottom of the right-hand column for recent articles in this category. Thanks!
Thanks for reading about the Toronto Green Living Show 2015.